Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Shabbat Dinner 12/9/11

Joined my Dad at Rabbi Newman's house for Shabbat dinner last night.  Of course it was the one night when we were the only one's to come.  Normally I guess the house is full.  It was just Eddie & I and the Rabbi & his wife, and their 5 children.  They had a 10 day old new baby.   It was interesting, and the Rabbi shared some stories and messages, and I glommed onto every word he spoke thinking there was special reasons I was there, and I listened carefully.    He had simple messages, but I really enjoyed it, although it felt awkward that we were the only guests.  However, they had prepared a lot of food [well, the wife's sister had, since she had just had a baby], so in that regard it was fine.    Eddie is better in a group.  Not so good when the spotlight is on him, as it is clear he doesn't listen, and asked the Rabbi several questions more than once.  Ugh, it drives me mad.  I am glad he has found this place to go, and I hope it keeps being okay that he is there.  Suddenly in his old age, he reminisces more nostalgically about his mother's cooking, and the environment of the dinner, and such.  Its a shame he wasn't into it when they were still alive.  I am taking him to Temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment