Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday, May 7, 2011: Music Today

Caught the tail end of Marcia Ball.  She has been playing all over the place, but I was too sick to catch her at the park, and we haven't made it out for late night music.  Then to Geno, whom I haven't quite caught a whole set of yet.  Like.   Trombone Shorty was soo crowded.  We attempted approach from Fais Do Do, but this was a huge mistake.  We re-routed around the back to the track side and found a little sweet spot.  Ran right into Brian and Mike.  And then moments later, Margaret.  A fortuitous spot.  *&%$!   $w@@##!

Bill headed home early.  I spent about 30 min. in the medical tent.  This has been a great resource this trip.  I was over exposed to the sun, was a little dizzy, probably dehydrated, and exhausted.  They have  big fans, water and gatorade, and chairs. Also cots, and one girl was hooked up to an IV.   I sat for a bit, wondering what it would feel like to be the one who needed a cot, and sat trying to dissect my state of being - did I need a cot?

Also found myself at a cooking show in the bandstand basement at one point...while searching for air conditioning.   

At the end of the day as I made my way towards the Gospel tent, I found a chair, and stayed for Aaron Neville.  This was the path of least resistance, there was seating, it was in a tent, and it was near the exit.  I didn't have another lap of the fairgrounds in me.  The music was peaceful, and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment