Powered By Blogger

Popular Posts

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May 1, 2011: 1st Night Friday Night Nawlins

I stopped by the Chateau, running into the cousins, apparently they have no idea who I am, or my name, so I felt comfortable allowing I did not know their names either...Greg, and Gary I believe. Glad this has been straightened out. No sign of the ladies. I headed off and ended up in Desire, right down the street. There was a decent little bar with immediate seating, and the bartender [Jeff] was very friendly, and helpful, and approved of my dinner order, and slipped me a newspaper. A lady appeared, and sat down on my left. Robin the nurse. I loved her. She said her boyfriend was in a mood, and she wasn't having it, and he left to go back to the room, and she and I proceeded to have a jolly good time. A Jerry Garcia guy from Montreal and his buddy from San Fran arrived and sat down on the right of me. They were lovely and lively, and I split my conversation between my new BFF and them. How do I find myself a retired jazz fest guy, cute, tolerant of neurotic women, and ready to support me? Om...i ordered the shrimp and grits, and a vodka tonic. Robin ordered a white wine, and the bbq shrimp. The guys ordered fried stuff and a poorboy. They were having signature cocktails, orange martini like things, delicious. robin and I walked back together to the Chateau, then to her place. And I hoped in a cab. Goodnite nite #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment